A camping staycation in Scotland is the perfect way to explore the outdoors, immerse yourself in nature and relax away from the busy bustle of city life.
One of the many great things about a camping getaway in Scotland is that it’s one of the most budget-friendly accommodation options that won’t break the bank, but doesn’t skip out on an authentic Scottish experience. Whether you fancy a coastal getaway, a woodland stay or a mountainside location, there are plenty destinations in Scotland to choose from.
Watch our handy video and start planning your dream camping adventure in Scotland, prepped with all the knowledge and essential equipment you need to make memories that will last a lifetime.
Here are some helpful tips and guidelines to keep in mind as your pack up your tent and travel around Scotland:
• Head to places that are away from houses and fields with livestock
• Avoid overcrowding by moving on to another location if it’s already a busy spot.
• Wherever possible, use a stove rather than an open fire. Never light an open fire during dry periods or in sensitive places like forests or peaty ground, where fires can easily spread out of control.
• Take away your rubbish and consider picking up other litter as well.
It is also essential to bring the correct equipment with you to stay safe and comfortable when you’re enjoying Scotland’s lush greenery and landscapes!
Here are some basic must-have equipment suggestions that will help you have a trip of a lifetime in Scotland:
• Tent footprint
• Tent Pegs
• Sleeping Bag
• Sleeping Mat or Camp Bed
• Camping Stove
• Cooking Pans
• Water Carrier or Jerry Can
• Camping Chairs
• Torch, Lantern or Head Torch (Plus extra batteries)
• Bin Bags – lots of them!
Feeling inspired to head off on your dream Scottish camping trip? Grab your friends, family or loved ones and set off to find your new favourite camping spot in Scotland; just remember to plan ahead, pack the right gear, take EVERYTHING away with you, and read up on the Scottish Outdoor Access Code before you go!
Explore more about Camping and Caravanning in Scotland at http://www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/caravan-camping
Find out more:
See more from VisitScotland:
Subscribe on YouTube: https://goo.gl/v8Rfpp
Visit our website: https://www.visitscotland.com/
Like our Facebook page: https://goo.gl/28ZRdn
Join the iKnow Community https://community.visitscotland.com/
Follow us on Instagram: https://goo.gl/Mc3dFD
Say hello on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VisitScotland