Being a soldier often requires some real-life MacGyvering. But you don’t have to be in the military to benefit from tips like putting duct tape on your feet to prevent blisters or using cotton balls and Vaseline to get your campfire started. Here are 11 hacks from the men and women in uniform that’ll make your life a lot easier!
For instance, there’s a very particular hack when it comes to those super shiny soldier shoes. Take a generous amount of shoe shine, rub it on your leather shoes or boots, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, go over the area with a lighter or flame, and get ready to see your own reflection! For a finishing touch, use a clean damp cloth to polish the surface. If you want to know about other tricks, watch the video!
Duct taping your feet 0:40
Ladder lacing for added ankle support 1:25
Maxi pads for first-aid 2:38
Putting sugar on wounds 3:17
Running tights for added warmth 3:52
Super shiny shoes 4:19
The military tuck 5:00
Cotton and Vaseline as a fire starter 5:42
Lose a tail when driving 6:18
Making a pristine bed 6:39
Peeing in the shower 7:34
#militaryhacks #lifehacks #makeyourlifeeasier
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Nowadays, soldiers use duct tape to prevent blisters and calluses caused by those notoriously uncomfortable military boots.
– If you still have a lot of lace left (although you shouldn’t with this laddering technique), just wrap it around your ankle and then tie it. Tuck the remaining laces inside your shoe.
– In case of an emergency, you can use sanitary pads to prevent a wound from bleeding out.
– Speaking of first-aid in a pinch, you can put sugar on a wound to prevent bacterial infection. Don’t worry because this unconventional medical treatment has scientific backing based on a study by the University of Arizona’s College of Medicine.
– Running or compression tights aren’t just for jogging or making a fashion statement. You can wear them under almost any pants without them being noticeable.
– Covering cotton balls in petroleum jelly and lighting them on fire, you get a strong but steady flame that keeps on burning. A great hack next time you go camping!
– If you ever feel like the driver in your rearview mirror is following you, all you gotta do is make 4 consecutive turns in a row. This is usually the best way to lose a tail!
– According to the medical community, it actually prevents and cures athlete’s foot! Urine has natural properties like uric acid and ammonia that help fight fungal infections.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: